Saturday, April 23, 2011

How do you get powered up?

My powerhouse kite caddie in mexico (Willi Hasenkrug) aka "dad"
  What do you do to keep you're energy up when kiting?  Or anything for that matter.  Are you able to stay powered up and focused when your shredding?   What keeps you going? 

  After years of  snowboarding and the last six kiting, I was deep into a routine of  what I call the "brown diet"   Which consisted of coffee, nicotine, beer and any food that was fast and easy and far from healthy.  I would get off the water for a break and go right for a beer and a smoke.  Then go out for another session.  I never really thought anything of it, It's what I did.  How do you think I performed?  You guessed it... flailing, cold, and unfocused.

  It wasn't until I met Tammra (a holistic nutritionist) and she introduced me to a nutritional program called Isagenix  that I realized what I was missing....A basic balance of the right proteins, carbs, and fats. It really started to change the way I looked at my routine.  I wasn't leaning towards the beers and cigarettes, instead I couldn't wait to fill my body  with goodness and get the most out of my sessions.  I was so fired up and excited every time I would  pump up.  I was able to ride way longer, keep warm, stay focused and progress.  That was the biggest thing for me, The focus, endurance and progress I felt was truly amazing!!  Some of my friends on the beach were even mentioning it and asking me "what are doing these days? dude you were chargin' out there!"

  So what do you do pre, during, and post session?  Are you aware of what you put back into your system?  If you do, awesome! You're definitely ahead of the game.  I now realize how important it is to replenish my body while doing any sort of sport or hard work.  Think about it......when your kiting its unlike so many other sports. You're out there for hours and you never really are taking any breaks, you're always moving, always engaged and burning lots of energy. It's vital that you fill your tank before and after your session if you want to make the most of it!  If you're interested in what isagenix is all about please check this out easy2Bhealthy.com

  Would you rather flail and bail?  Or you would you rather charge?

No comments:

Post a Comment